“YOU B*****CANT EVEN SPELL PRAGUE” By Kristopher
How many of you have ever heard of Prague before the Nicki challenge? Me neither. Nonetheless—we found ourselves in Prague for a little under 3 days. Before buying a plane ticket we did research on the country (Czech Republic) just to make sure it was cool for people our skin color to visit. We also figured out what exactly there is to do in the capital, Prague. During our research we heard a number of things, and we’re breaking down which things were true and which were LIES.
Myth or Fact:
1. Prague is hella cheap. #FACT kinda. We found our meals to be a little cheaper than all of the other places we’ve visited so far, but I wouldn’t come to Prague expecting you’re about to find $30 Air Maxes, because you won’t, You will however easily spend about $30 on a dinner for two, which includes a bottle of wine.
2. Prague is a party town. #FACT in a predominately white state school type of way. There are tons of bars that are packed, and the drink of choice here is beer, so you could probably imagine.
3. You don’t need more then a few days in Prague. #FACT. I’d even go as far as to say 24 hours is enough. Prague was cool because it was the most different country we’ve been to so far. It had a medieval feel to it. Everything you need to do...like trying the local cuisine, and getting tickets to one of those hop on hop off bus tours, can happen in all under 24 hours. I wouldn’t plan a vacation specifically to Prague but if you’re close by and have an extra day to kill, do it.
4. Prague has hella creeps at night. #MYTH I heard this from a co worker a while back, but then doing further research I found out it was one of the 3 safest countries in Europe or something like that. Maybe my co worker was the creep.
5. Prague is in the EU so they accept Euros. #MYTH imagine our surprise when our first dinner bill came out as 800. Turns out they have a completely different currency, the koruna. So for every 22 krowns = $1. You can still pay in euros if you have them but you’ll get your change back in the local currency, similar to Toronto
6. You have to visit the Prague castle. #MYTH, save yourself the trouble, sit this one out.
7. Traditional Prague food is amazing. #MYTH. Prague is known for its Prague sausage, beef, and pork. We hated the food here. Keya doesn’t eat beef or pork so she really didn’t enjoy the food here at all lol. Their famous dessert, Trdelnik smelled good, the one we had was cold though - I’m sure it would be 10x better warm.
8. “You b****** can’t even spell Prague” #FACT #teamNicki
Overall we’re glad we got to experience Prague. We didn’t hate it, we didn’t love it. Cheers.